Saturday, August 13, 2011

T minus 5 days

The cat and I leave for Turkey next Wednesday. It still shocks me a little bit to say that. We left the house this afternoon and are staying with a friend for the five days between now and then. There is still much to do, but I have been promising to start this blog for many weeks, so here I am.

Today was tough emotionally. My house has been 95% packed up for a while, but getting that last 5% done was overwhelming. All the easy decisions had been made and a million little ones were left. Realistically, I know that most of it doesnt matter. My passport came back from the Turkish Embassy in LA today with my work visa in it. I got the USDA endorsement to take Pekka through the EU and into Turkey yesterday. My house is rented, my car is sold. The 5% is just not that important, but I was stuck on it and frustrated, and tired, and tense, and and and... Fortunately Ann came over and when she had pushed as far as I could go, she helped me pack up the last 1% and put it into our cars to take to her house to be sorted later. Hopefully the delaying tactic will give me a chance to calm down and get some perspective.

I dont think I have the energy to write all I want to write tonight, but I wanted to make a place holder for certain topics I know I will want to address in no particular order:
- Passports and Visas
- Packing and Shipping
- Shots and Health Certificates
- Reasons and Reasons

Maybe I'll start with that last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment